The consequences of cyber risks can disrupt critical business infrastructure and derail productivity at the operational level. Here’s a complete look at where they originate, what they target and their consequences.
Cyber Risk Sources bullets
- Human error accounts for 52 percent of cyber breaches, according to a study by CompTIA.
- Creating resilience to cyber risks requires focus on educating and training employees.
Cyber Risk Targets bullets
- Indirect targets of cyber encroachments are as significant as direct targets.
- Access to financial information, for example, could put at risk the financial information of a private company that is a customer.
- This underscores the need for a holistic view of cumulative cyber risks.
Cyber Risk Consequences bullets
- The consequences of cyber risks are not limited to lost data.
- Transactions can fail; supplies or products can be misdirected.
- Manufacturing can be halted or output faulty goods; safety issues can cause injuries.
- Dissatisfied customers can turn elsewhere.